Monday, March 24, 2008

4,000

4,000 American troops killed in action
1,191,216 Iraqi deaths due to the U.S. invasion

It is 5 years past time to end this travesty. We must demand it of our political candidates.

We must continue to demand that our representatives in Congress hold accountable the criminals responsible for this war. No more, "So?"

Stop. the. war.

(Mosaic created by Nico Pitney.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those people murdered, displaced, and wounded and they still laugh and want more bodies for their meat grinder. No more.

Jan said...

My daughter posted this same mosaic. Powerful. Sad. She also told me about a soon-to-be released movie, "Body of War." It won't be near me, but maybe you'll be able to see it.

Suzie Ridler said...

It's a travesty and he just laughs and tells his idiotic jokes. I can't wait until he's replaced. Lets hope changes comes with the next election. Is that too much to ask?

tweetey30 said...

Suzy I have been saying that for a while now and the people I talk to said we have to take it slow to get our troops out or else we could have another 9/11.

Anonymous said...

I was just talking with some people the other night. We were saying how disempowered we feel. We have resisted and signed petitions and marched and written letters, but we are like a housefly on the back of an elephant. It's so good to be reminded that nothing has changed, that we still have responsibilities, as challenging as they are.

poodledoc said...

The US cannot win in Iraq. This is clear to anyone who has even a rudimentary understandng of "incursions" into this country. Or the combination of hopelessness, high explosives and religious fervor. These men and their ilk and the people who support this insanity have no understanding of these things. I don't think they care. Sad.

Suzy said...

Nope, they don't care. They care about their power and their money.