Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catch A Wave!

Got this email from my brother, who is grateful to have escaped after 10 years living in Salt Lake City:

Looking for ways to creep out your child's classmates and make the teachers wonder just what you're all about? Then dress your children like the polygamists!

And then check out the website here. Better hurry, so that those back-to-school clothes arrive in time!

(This memory just came back to me: About 10 years ago we were in SLC visiting my afore-mentioned brother. We were in a downtown mall, cutting through the Deseret Bookstore -- like Borders, only Mormon -- when I looked over and saw a family dressed in quaint old-fashioned clothes. I was about to ask my brother's girlfriend, "Are they having Laura Ingalls Wilder Days here?" when she says in a stage whisper out of the corner of her mouth, "Polygamist Alert!")

(And, by the way, Enriched Geranium really does have LDS action figures.)

10 comments:

Fran said...

Sweet Lord Jesus on a farm with 6 wives! What the h-e-double hockey sticks is all that stuff?

Oh Suzy, I needed that laugh. Yee hah.

Ed said...

I can't believe you were able to find this! I looked around for pictures of "the garment" a while back and couldn't find any. Did you have to convert to get those photos?

Jan said...

Pretty weird.

Suzy said...

Ed, honey ... one of these nights you'll find out ALL about "the garment." Tee hee. But only if you let me play with your Captain Moroni action figure!

Fran, DOES the sweet lord Jeebus live on farm with 6 wives?

Jan, I agree. It looks kind of uncomfortable, doesn't it?

Sorghum Crow said...

Hey ma, I traded the cow and those beans for some magic underwear.
Signed,
Jack

tweetey30 said...

That is just way to creepy. But I have heard lots about these people. Never seen them but heard of them.

QuakerDave said...

Do they show you how to do that 'do?

Suzy said...

That "'do" creeps me out more than anything. Did you notice it on the little girls on the website?

I find it amusing that the clothes are being marketed to the general public -- but in fairness, I know there are online sources for Amish clothing as well.

Distributorcap said...

do the action figures come complete with ranches and 49 children all of whom look the same

Suzy said...

Get your own Mormon action figures here:

http://www.lehi.com/vin1.html

I want the one that comes with glow-in-the-dark stones.