Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Go, Speed Racer, Go!

Enriched Geranium has a very funny post up here.

One winter day when our youngest daughter was a preschooler, she informed me that she and Daddy had stopped in an empty parking lot on the way home from somewhere, so that Daddy could pretend he was Speed Racer and do "doughnuts" in the snow. She also informed me that Daddy told her not to tell Mommy (probably knowing full well that she would.)

6 comments:

Ed said...

You are too kind. By the way, experimenting with your car's performance in the snow in order to get a feel for how to respond in a skid, etc., is actually a very good idea, in my opinion. It's best done early in the winter, after the first big snowfall. Of course, it should always be done safely (in an empty parking lot, for example), but it could be the difference between life and death in a real life emergency. Or so I was taught by my father (but don't tell Mommy, he said.)

Suzi-k said...

hehe, kids are such blabbermouths! I have had great fun catching up on past posts, The book reviews were great, I must get my daughter a copy of the one about kids and nature, i think my little 4 year old grandson gets cabin fever in their tiny courtyard! And the polygamist gear, hehe you have GOT to be kidding! On our news the other night I saw our 2 village idiots (Bush and Mbeki) sitting together at the G8, whispering sweet nothings in each others ears.... hope their replacements in the next election are a distinct improvement! I liken the Zimbabwe situation to Bosnia, it has no oil so the world is sitting back and letting the genocide go ahead..... while our idiot (who happens to be Africa's official mediator) has been quoted as saying "there is no crisis in Zimbabwe"...grrrrrrr.

tweetey30 said...

Kids. Arent they cute...

Suzy said...

Suzi-K -- Hi! I can't seem to find a so-called world leader who isn't absolutely appalling. They all harken to the corporate call.

Jan said...

Cute. Thanks for the smiles.

Anonymous said...

Dang blabber mouths.