Kind of embarrassing really. I have a brand new iMac, purchased yesterday to replace our 7-year-old Mac that died in the spring. Mr. Ether -- the guy who fixes things -- set it all up for me, transferring all of my files and applications. I used it last night; it worked like a dream. I shut it down before going to bed. But here's the thing: I went to check my email this morning, and I CAN'T FIND THE FLARGIN' POWER BUTTON! Mr. Ether (who has graciously shared his MacBook with me for the last couple of months, and unbeknownst to him is still sharing it with me) is going to laugh so hard when he wakes up. I'll be the butt of the jokes around here for a while. Maybe I should go bake some brownies or something.And later that same day ... FOUND IT!





7 comments:
Hey I wouldnt laugh to hard on the computer my hubby has down stairs I hate it because I can never tell which button is for the on button for his monitor.
See, those economic stimulus checks are good for the economy, after all!
You could have looked at page 13 of the manual which was right next to the computer. (Chapter 1: Ready, Set Up, Go; Step 4: Press the power button on the back to turn on your iMac. See diagram.)
Did you look under the sofa cushions?
Look under the sofa ... now, THAT'S a clue! (to paraphrase Big Bird.)
Your panic reminds me so much of myself. So glad you found it!!
I can relate so well. It often is under the couch, as Big Bird says. But it will be really fun to have a new zippy computer! I hope you didn't have to put up with too many boring beautiful sunsets.
Economic stimulus = the big screw
Crayons, there was one pretty spectacular sunset following a day of on again/off again thunderstorms. And 2 days of rainbows. I took pictures, but I used some ancient technology involving something called "film" so it might take a while to get them processed.
Post a Comment