I am somewhat obsessed with knitting lace these days. I also love to knit socks because as projects go they are small and easy to carry around, they use small amounts of yarn, and I can always use more socks. I also get a kick out of making things that one normally buys.
So, voila! My newest pair of lace socks, finished last night.
Enlarge the photo to see the creative use I make of dog hair in my knitting -- in fact in all my home decorating schemes!
[For knitting geeks: The lace is an Orkney Island pattern called "Columns and Arches." I adapted the pattern from one in Nancy Bush's book
Knitting on the Road. I used KnitPicks'
Risatta yarn, a blend of cotton, wool, and elastic.]
3 comments:
I've heard of people knitting socks entirely out of dog hair. Or is that just an urban legend?
I knit out of wool, and then make a couple of passes around the house in sock feet. Voila! An extra layer of dog (and cat) hair.
I think you can spin Samoyed type dog hair into yarn.
My craft projects also contain a certain percentage of dog hair. Neat!
Post a Comment