Tomorrow marks the 7th year since my mom's death. I think I miss her more with the passing of time, not less. She wrestled with her demons. I've written it before, but it bears repeating: after years of saying, "I don't want to be like my mom" one day I had a revelation that she didn't really want to be that parent either, and I was able to say "I want to try to be the mom I know she wanted to be." This picture was taken about a year and a half before my sister Lisa was adopted and I was born (in the same year!!! That's enough to make any mom go slightly askew) and really shows the sweet and soft side of her. I love how my brother's foot is in her pocket. L-R, that's my mom, Pauly, Meggie, Jimmy and Davey. Aren't they cute?(A sisterly aside: Nice undies, Meg. If you pulled them any higher, you'd be in a gunny-sack.)





2 comments:
Nice picture.
I'm sorry that your mother isn't with you in body anymore. I'm sure you carry her with you, though.
Post a Comment