Anyway, here's the letter my spousal unit posted on Dennis' blog. Well said!
Dear Mr, Kucinich,
You are asking what I think about impeachment. I must insist that opinion has no place in this discussion. The fact is, if you believe , as I do, that an impeachable offense has been committed by this administration, you are obligated to introduce the articles of impeachment.(my bold italics) If a police officer believes a crime has been committed, it is his or her duty to arrest that person. That officer does not have a choice and the opinions of others regarding the arrest are not relevant. Please do your duty. This administration has already committed enough crimes and it is high time they are stopped.
Sincerely,
Mr. Luminiferous Ether (name has been changed to protect the innocent)
My representative, Tammy Baldwin, as well as Senators Kohl and Feingold say they are still "formulating an opinion." Pardon me? An opinion? See letter above.
What planet are they on?
Who do they represent?
What are they all so frightened of?





3 comments:
Well said, Mr. Ether, but I have to take a few years to formulate my opinion of the chrystal clear logic of your statement. And in about a decade I will build a sculpture on the Mall in DC mourning the needless loss of so many tens of thousands innocent lives, both American and Iraqi just to make myself feel better. Thanks. You've been a great audience, folks.
Good question. What ARE they all so frightened of???????
I remember asking Senator Kohl a substantive question years ago regarding his stance on the Nicaraguan trade embargo, which RayGun had put in place. He lost that political smile, stopped shaking my hand, and said "Not today, Chuck, not today". If he's afraid to talk with me, he won't be doing any impeaching. Except, except, he did impeach Clinton for the Lewinsky "affair". That took courage! But when I ask staffers in kohl's office on impeachment (or just about any other issue, for that matter), they just say "he has yet to formulate a position on that". Is he able to stand? That's a "position"! What are these folks so afraid of. Even Baldwin and Feingold seemed "chilled". Does Bush have everyone so scared??
They are afraid of the right wing smear machine.
Which makes them all cowards.
Post a Comment