Friday, March 30, 2007

Phil Ochs - Genuine Patriot

There are few songs that I find more moving than this one.

(Interesting look back to an era of when mod orange and pink hearts were cool, and sullen looking young women who look like they wandered in off of a Star Trek set were a must.)

3 comments:

poodledoc said...

Incredible song. Thanks, Suzy, for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That gave me goosebumps. I love that song and the rendition. Yes, I see what you mean about a glimpse into the apparent distant past. I echo poodledoc. Thank you.

My thoughts: the pantihose! the bras under those dresses! his guitar! no cell phones! no internet! No Regis! But the same damn war was raging as it rages now.

Suzy said...

And the same damn war is always raging. And the same damn fat cats (or they're all cut from the same cloth, anyway) profit.

You know, those "youth" reminded me of the Turkish knock-off Star Trek episode I saw. Oh my, it was funny.