Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Soul of a Citizen


I had a proud and poignant moment yesterday when I took my newly-minted-adult daughter to our city hall to vote for the first time. (She's going to be out of town over election day next week, so she had to register and then vote absentee.)

She's gone with us to vote since she was a tiny baby, so her interest in voting wasn't a surprise, but it still gave me a thrill that it was one of the main things she talked about when she was turning 18.

The employee in the City Clerk's office was very sweet about it, wishing her a happy birthday and congratulating her on her first vote. It was so cool!

6 comments:

Ed said...

It's Clinton's fault.

poodledoc said...

Ed, which Clinton do you mean????

poodledoc said...

Way to go Anna, raise some hell!!!

thailandchani said...

Yes, now she's old enough to get really involved! LOL ~ I'm sure you trained her well.


Peace,

~Chani

QuakerDave said...

I remember doing this with my son. What a great day it is.

PS: TAG. You're it.

msliberty said...

Taking my yet unborn child to vote remains one of the events that I most look forward to.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment with the world.