Sunday, April 01, 2007

Almost Heaven


Heading out tomorrow for spring break in the green and rolling hills of West Virginia, and Pittsburgh. Leaving behind all of the animals (I just dropped the diabetic doggie off at my in-laws tonight, and I'm already worrying about her) AND my blog (I'll probably miss it too, but Bloggie doesn't need insulin injections.)

The weather is supposed to be rotten. It's always rotten over spring break. If I went someplace tropical there would probably be a typhoon ... or a blizzard.

I got pretty excited when I learned that Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood really exists at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum. My kids are way past children's museum ages, but we may have to make a special visit, just for Mr. Rogers. He's one of my heroes -- right up there with Captain Kangaroo and the Friendly Giant.

So long. Back in a week.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I hope you manage to enjoy your time off despite the crappy weather my friend. We'll see you when you get back.

poodledoc said...

Enjoy or I should say hope you enjoyed your adventure. Waaah! No one will comment on my blog with you and Ed out of town. (there are several lurkers, including my mom!)

Hope the weather is not too crappy. Say hello to Mr Rogers and Mr McFeely......

Anonymous said...

Hi Luminiferdiferous

I'm glad you get a break. There's nothing like actually going away and then returning to see your city, your house, your diabetic dog with new eyes.

I'll miss reading you!

Miss Robyn said...

safe travels! I hope you have good weather - funny how weather is always odd at easter - here, it is absolutely freezing, I have the fire going and it feels like snow!