... to find out if a rabidly homophobic politician is gay? Ask him what his favorite ABBA song is.I drove my younger daughter and a friend to a Renaissance Faire today, 2 hours each way. We sang along with ABBA on the way there and the soundtrack from the new Hairspray on the way back.
I had lots of time to think about politicians who are NOT GAY.
The "faire" was OK -- infinitely better than going to Six Flags and marginally better than a poke in the eye, although perhaps a little more prolonged. (I've taken my kids every year for a l-o-n-g time -- it's a tradition -- so I'm a teeny bit jaded.)
Please explain to me chain mail and leather. Particularly chain mail brassieres. Why?
What's your favorite ABBA song? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours ...





9 comments:
"Commando." Definitely.
"I hear you've gone commando,
Thet say you wear no undergarments 'twixt your skin and clothes.
I hear you've gone commando,
They say there's nothing in between your trousers and your hose..."
I could continue, but I think you get the idea.
Predictable that you would mess with MY favorite ABBA song, sniff. No, actually your new lyrics are brilliant -- and you say you're not a songwriter!
Personally,I like their cover of "Wayfaring Stranger".
I wrestle with that choice... Dancing Queen or Mama Mia?
Can I have both?
"SOS." Or "Waterloo."
Although if I never heard either of them again, that'd be fine, too.
And thanks for not giving your money to those Six Flags folks. We have one of those things here in The Garden State, and it is chock full of unsafe rides and had become a hang-out for gangs and drug dealers. And the management sees none of it.
I've been at school setting up, and one of my neighboring classrooms has a student named Fernando. I know that every time I walk past that kid's locker it's going to flip the music switch in my brain and I'm going to go crazy by the end of the year. (Two years ago I was in Room 222, and the theme song from that old t.v. show was always running through my head.) I need an intervention ... Mr. Ether a certain song by Jefferson Starship would be MOST unwelcome, just in case you're thinking of it.
It would definitely be "Fernando". :)
Peace,
~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com
The Name of the Game absolutely!! and i love all ABBA songs!!! and i'm gay!!
Ivancito ... thanks for dropping by. Just one of many ABBA fans who find their way to my blog. Most of them leave immediately when they find out it's not really about ABBA. Cheers!
Post a Comment