First day of kindergarten. I know that all of these kids are going to make mountains of progress between now and June, but in the beginning they are positively larval, literally wiggling around on the floor. I have 13 students, about half Spanish speaking (I'm not) but they seem functional in English. And interestingly enough, I have only one Caucasian child. That's a first.I went kicking and screaming, but it's OK being back. My loyal fan base -- students from previous years -- make it easier.





6 comments:
Don't forget the rest of your loyal fan base, Suzy. Thank god there are teachers like you!
That picture is perfect! Somehow I know you are an excellent teacher. I feel happy knowing that.
Awwwwwwwww shucks. My students and I always have a mutual admiration society. And I am lucky lucky lucky to have a world of good friends.
Yay, you are back in the teaching saddle, making our streets happier and kinder places. I bet the kids ran home and told their families all about you. It's so great that you have retained your enthusiasm and passion.
This is my first visit to BlogLand in a month. You look fabulous.
Did Lily stop by and snigger at you? Did Evan and Gavin stop by and climb on you? Did Zoe pretend she was a tiger? I miss your old students.
Caroline: Oh, that's not me. That's a cute little corgi I found on the internets.
Fondly: I got a hug from Gavin today. Lily and Grace, but not Zoe yesterday.
Post a Comment