Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nice news to get in the emotional wasteland otherwise known as "Sunday Night"


A month or so ago I applied to our local Folk Music Society for a scholarship to continue my guitar lessons, and what do you know? I just received a phone call telling me that they are awarding me the scholarship! I'm pretty happy.

7 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

that's great! my husband is a professional musician (guitar). Happy learning!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congrats! I am a musical idiot, which means I can't sing anything in tune or play an instrument, so I am always glad when I find out someone else I like does. Use your musical powers for good and not evil!

poodledoc said...

Congrats! Are you going electric or acoustic? The picture suggests you are planning to rock out with electric.

Jess Wundrun said...

Can you play 'blowin' in the wind' on a hello kitty guitar?

Suzy said...

There aren't any Hello Kitty acoustic guitars, darn it, but I will be going acoustic. Maybe I can play THIS guitar:
http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item/productid/3114

It's a reproduction of one that I got for my 4th birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dudette! Way cool. Someday, we Friends must jam. Perhaps "The Sound of Silence"?

But please tell me you didn't spoil that perfectly good guitar with Hello Kitty???

Suzy said...

I have a love-hate relationship with Hello Kitty; there is something perversely attractive about her.I won't get a Hello Kitty guitar, but I might just buy some HK guitar picks.

And last Halloween, the eleven year old dressed up as "Hello Kitty Gone Bad", which I thought was a brilliant costume.