Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Too bad nobody got their hands on the rebus version!


Ann Compton and Jennifer Duck report: Never before has the White House released a draft version of the President's speech to the annual United Nations General Assembly.

But this year, a glimpse of how the President sees his speeches was accidentally placed on the UN website along with the speechwriters' cell phone numbers.

Pronunciations for President Bush's friend French President Sarkozy "[sar-KOzee]" appeared in draft #20 on the UN website. Other pronunciations included the Mugabe "[moo-GAHbee] regime" and pronunciations for countries "Kyrgyzstan [KEYRgeez-stan]" and "Mauritania [moor-EH-tain-ee-a]."


If it was anyone else, this would make perfect sense and wouldn't even seem newsworthy ... but Jo-ji seems to need scaffolding (that's education jargon for help) with everything he does. Oy vey.

7 comments:

Jan said...

I love your anger, Suzy! Thanks. And it brought back memories of me learning to read with Dick, Jane, and Sally.

Fran said...

I are ideut.
I are yur preznit.

You got prublim wit dat?

It is tragic. As an educator you must really feel this pain. The man can not speak English and rails on about NCLB. Disgraceful.

Jesus, I am sick of these people too.

Great post Suzy.

Sorghum Crow said...

The faylure of fonix.

poodledoc said...

Even with "scaffolding", he still can't manage to speak english competently. Brain damage from cocaine abuse? Alcohol? A non-rocovered addict.

Diane M. Roth said...

who knew? a pronunciation guide. and he still can't do it.
btw, I love that you see teaching as a radical act. it is.

Fran said...

Like Diane says- your teaching IS a radical act. Amen to that!

BTW, I hope you don't mind sharing the label "Jesus, I'm sick of these people"...

Today I used it as a label and as a title of my post. It just fit so well.

Suzy said...

Let's all be sick of these people together. I'm happy to share the label!