Saturday, September 22, 2007

Why Kucinich Is The Best

I snagged this video from Blue Gal. (Thanks, dahlink.) It's a great follow-up to my previous post. THIS is the candidate I am supporting. He is the only candidate that talks the talk and walks the walk. (The same was true in the last election. Howard Dean's infamous scream may have given his opponents the rope to hang him, but I didn't think what he was saying was all that great from the get go. The same way I am not enamoured of Barak "pre-emptive war" Obama or John Edwards this time around.)

6 comments:

poodledoc said...

I like what he says. Common sense like no other candidate. I worry about this approach of his to abstinence that he talks about in his website. Would his health care plan fund abortion and birth control medications, or would he make that difficult? Maybe he mentioned it, but the video only played half way......any thoughts?

Ed said...

Kucinich has said on more than one occasion that he is pro-choice. The whole abstinence thing is part of his concept of eliminating unwanted pregnancies. At one point in his life, he was anti-choice, but he now says that he women will not be truly free until they have the right to choose.

Suzy said...

Check out this page for more info:
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Dennis_Kucinich_Abortion.htm

My read on his abstinence platform is that he is not promoting abstinence ONLY, just as a part of a larger package that also includes birth control, abortion, etc. Gosh, I remember abstinence being talked about as one option in my human sexuality classes at my hippy dippy high school (and then we'd laugh and say, "No, but seriously ...")I don't think Kucinich has any intention of limiting either contraception or abortion. It sounds like just the opposite, since he underwent his "convincement" in 2002.

poodledoc said...

Thanks. Your comments are illuminating. I realize there is no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. Not even Harry Potter....

Suzy said...

PD -- I think the Vimes/Ironfoundersson ticket is as near perfect as you could get (with Angua as Secretary of State, Lord Vetinari as AG, an Igor as Surgeon General, and Detritus Secretary of Defense.) Since they are all fictional, I'm standing by Kucinich.

Anonymous said...

Abstinance does prevent pregnancy Acknowledging that is a reality-based idea.

Dennis

is

de

man.