Friday, October 12, 2007

Al Gore -- Nobel Laureate

What a nice piece of news to come home to today.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

And all anyone in the media wanted to talk about was, does this award mean he'll run for president again.

Geez louise, get over it, y'all.

poodledoc said...

actually, QD, I heard he was going to buy the Phillies...........but seriously, I agree with you. But honestly, do you think he'd make a better candidate than Hillary? Or would it just be the same old same old......?

Anonymous said...

Hi Luminiferous,

I was so pleased with that news today. It is so strange to have an uplifting moment these days. I actually felt proud to hear an American's name announced on the French news.

Your other two posts are so great, both in content and in stylistics. I see so much sloppy writing in most blogs. Yours is very "bon appetit."

I had to call my friend and read the kindergarten stories to her. She is training in early childhood education. We were squealing by the end ....

Suzy said...

If I was Mr. Gore, I'd consider myself well-quit of politics. This is such an honor, and an acknowledgement that "peace" is so much more than the absence of war.

By the way, reading the articles yesterday, I shook my head all over again at the fact that war criminal Henry Kissinger is a laureate as well. Wasn't 1973 the year he engineered the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Salvador Allende in Chilé?

poodledoc said...

Yes,Suzy, I recall Kissinger getting the Prize. I do honestly feel uncomfortable when politicians get the Peace Prize.

Even Gore, even though it raises awareness of global warming. Yes, I truly hope he stays out of politics.

Jan said...

This was good news.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay! What good news, he totally deserves it. Thank goodness for his documentary, it's changed the world.

QuakerDave said...

Better than Sen. Clinton?

Yes, after Kucinich, absolutely a btter choice.

But Obama or Edwards would be better than Clinton, too. Or Barbara Boxer. Or Bernie Sanders. Or John Lewis (who disappointed the heck out of me by endorsing Sen Clinton). Or a whole lot of other people.

But Gore is, after all, a loser. And he's a quitter. He didn't campaign hard or smart enough in 2000, and he rolled over on Florida way too early. He's not a fighter.

Bet on the GOP nominee being a mean, low-down, crotch-kicking type. It's going to be ugly. And Gore doesn't do ugly.

Cinderbelle said...

I wish he WOULD run. I don't much like any of the mainstream candidates. And, yes, mom, I know that you love Kucinich.

Suzy said...

Kucinich says -- and more importantly, seems to believe -- all the right things about peace. "Peace On Earth" isn't just for Christmas cards. (Hey, that's my next bumper sticker.)

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, this is good news.