Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Mr. Ether Rocks ...

... with The Motor Primitives, this past Saturday night at the world class Crystal Corner Bar. The song is "Sundown." It was a good show. The big excitement came when drummer Robin Davies fell off the stage backwards, hitting his head on the way down. He hopped right back up and finished the show, despite a nasty bump. And Mr. Ether had come to the show from his dad's funeral. Are these guys loyal rock 'n' rollers, or what? Enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of the rock dudes getting all the Quaker vixens. They should give other guys a chance.

Jess Wundrun said...

Now I'm really sorry I missed it. We went out Friday night. Two babysitter nights in a row is outside the old budget!

Next time...

My favorite Crystal Corner Bar memory is going there to see Tony Brown (local reggae legend). He had just come out of rehab and proudly announced that he was alcohol and cannabis free.

He then played the fastest set of reggae I ever heard. Apparently the reggae beat is influenced by how much herb you smoke during the sets. (This was probably 15 years ago. No idea how Tony is doing now).

Ed said...

Dr. von Monkerstein: I think it must be time for you to learn to play an instrument. It's never too late to learn. Ask Ms. Ether.

Jess Wundrun: I bumped in to Tony Brown outside the Crystal on Saturday and we chatted for a few minutes. He's a former neighbor of ours, so we mostly talked about his kids and how grown up they are. It sounds like he's doing well and still busy playing music.

Suzy said...

Oh ... those WERE the days, when we lived in that little apartment complex on Rogers Street.

When our life motto was One World, One People, One He-Man Action Figure!

poodledoc said...

Ed: Had dinner the other night with Chris Squires! Sends his best to you.....one rock star to another.....

Suzy said...

Now, if you had had dinner with Frank Zappa ...