And aren't they all about me-me? This one is from the good doctor, Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein. But I googled it to find out what the actual directions were, and found out that this one has been tumbling around for a l-o-n-g time, years, in fact. It's the "Seven Things Meme", so I'm going to tell you 7 random facts about myself.1. I don't reveal this too often, but I am a Hoosier by birth, born in Terre Haute, IN (which is also the birthplace of Eugene Debs.)
2. In second grade I got in trouble for writing profanities all over the playground when I was supposed to be going home for lunch.
3. I learned to read from Alice & Jerry (not Dick & Jane or Tom & Betty or Jimmy & Sue.)
4. My favorite place in North America is the Bay of Fundy, which extends from Maine to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, and has the highest tides in the world.
5. I love gardening, but earthworms have always freaked me out.
6. I do not like spicy hot foods. My favorite cuisine is Middle Eastern, and my current favorite restaurant is Peruvian (but they do not serve guinea pigs, so don't even ask.)
7. I tend to find dimes laying on the sidewalk.
Now, here's my thing about memes: I really don't like tagging people, so I'll just open it up. If you want to tell 7 things about yourself, either in my comments or on your blog, go right ahead. If you post them on your blog, please let me know and I'll swing by and read them.





7 comments:
Thanks for doing this. I like finding out more and more about my favorite bloggers.
Hey, thanks for including me. It was fun. I also like to see what people dredge up.
--My favorite natural place in Wisconsin, among many, is Parfrey's Glen, especially climbing up on the bluffs where you aren't supposed to go
--I once had dinner with Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife. Boring.
--I love foods that make me sweat like Thai or Chinese or Mexican
--I've never seen curling live
--My favorite book as a child was The Little House, closely followed by Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel
--My grandmother dated one of the Wright brothers. I am not making this up. I swear. I've seen photographs. I think it was Orville. Guess he didn't have the Wright stuff!hahahaha
--I went to the very first McDonald's in the world, a fact I'm not really proud of. They didn't have happy meals, then. Darn!
There. I didn't know you were a hoosier. What exactly is a Hoosier? I mean, I KNOW it's a person who hails from Indiana, but what IS a hoosier?
PoodleDoc --
A Hoosier? Someone who lives in a hoose?
You should blog about your dinner with Maria Shriver Schwarzenegger. That was a funny story.
Have you reread Mike Mulligan and The Little House recently? Mike Mulligan, especially is like an ode to runaway development. But PROGRESS was good in those days.
Oh yeah, and my parents courted at Parfrey's Glen, back when it was just tucked away on a Wisconsin farm.
One of the last times I was there, my brother's friend had the bright idea to bring our cat along. Nothing bad happened, but now, so many years later, I look back at it and think WTF???
hi there, enjoyed your memes, please indulge my ignorance, what is a hoosier? yay for your grandpa and the canned cream, yum!
Hi, Sue! I forgive your ignorance because there is probably (probably? Definitely!) a ton I don't know about South Africa ... a Hoosier is someone from the state of Indiana. Beyond that, I haven't the slightest idea.
Post a Comment