Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Remembering ...

... my mom. She died 6 years ago today. I miss her a lot.

11 comments:

poodledoc said...

Remembrances like this are important. Thanks for sharing this, Suzy.

Ed said...

I miss your mom, too. She was one of a kind and a good person.

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel, my mom died 35 years ago and I still miss her like crazy.

Jan said...

I'm sorry. You'll always miss her, but the hole grows sweeter or more bittersweet as time goes on. I still miss my mother after 15 years. I see her in my kids, esp. my youngest.

Sorghum Crow said...

My mother died a little over six years ago, but she's still here in lots of ways. I miss her though.

Jan said...

Suzy, I just read your post on your mom's birthday that you linked to. Thank you for doing that both in April and yesterday. I didn't see it in April, because I wasn't blogging yet. (Didn't know there was a whole new world out here!) I'm glad your mom married again right before she died and was happy. It sounds like you've had much healing with her, even after her death. I find that that has happened with my dad and me, too.

Anonymous said...

I really miss both my folks this week, but right now, it's my mom I miss a little more.

My mom was the rabid Phillies fan in the family. She made me the fan I am today, she and her dad, my Grandpop.

If she were alive today, we'd be replaying today's disaster on the phone right now (she always used to wait until after dinner to call me). We'd be hemming and hawing and whining like mad. And then we'd laugh.

People say it gets easier with time, but when certain times roll around or spring up, that hurt is still there. It's the laughing that gets me through.

Hang in: have a hug. At least it's still legal here.

:)

Suzy said...

Thanks for all of the good wishes. I still sometimes find myself thinking, "I should call my mom and tell her ...."

Diane M. Roth said...

what a lovely remembrance and what a remarkable woman. thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. I just got the news that my mom will be moving in with me in a few weeks. Lost my dad twenty years ago-still miss him.
Glenn
Oh by the way HI. I just found your blog. I'm still trying to figure out this world. Sorry about the anonymous stuff for got my password and can't get in anyother way.

Suzy said...

Glenn, welcome! Beware: Blogging is an insidious, creeping habit. Seriously, it's a weird and wonderful world, and you connect with some pretty neat people. I'll look forward to hearing more from you. Do you have a blog yourself?