Thursday, October 18, 2007

"We won this round."

That's what Dana Perino said of the House failure to overturn he who shall not be mentioned's veto of SCHIP. I said a few choice and rather unQuakerly things when I read this article. This is what I said:

‡#&*+ƒ∂˙ƒ√∫≈ˆ¨ÁÁˇ‰ÎÏıÒÂı˝Î˛ÍÅ„´@!@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you can see, I know how to swear in Icelandic.


I do, however, plan to email and commend Rep. Pete Stark for this comment:

"You don't have money to fund the war or children," he told Republicans. "But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."

The whiny playground bully Republicans immediately demanded a retraction and apology:

"Congressman Stark should retract his statement and apologize to the House, our commander in chief, and the families of our soldiers and commanders fighting terror overseas," said Rep. John Boehner of Ohio, the House Republican leader.

I hope to God he doesn't do it. (They remind me of Coal Oyl, Olive's dad in Altman's Popeye movie, who walks around muttering, "You owe me an apology!")

I don't know how any of the 156 who voted against it sleep at night.

Sanctimonious bastards.



6 comments:

poodledoc said...

I've been carrying a barf bag with me since I heard.........but I WOULD like to learn to swear in Icelandic sometime.............

Anonymous said...

They deny health care for children. Largely because the president lied about what was in this bill. He lied. They "win."

THAT is a "victory."

God have mercy on us.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsGaNR9dVPM

One guy got it right.

Suzy said...

"He lied."

He always lies. The majority of Republicans and 2 Democrats marched in lockstep with him. Again. Where are we going as a country? How can we reverse this?

Anonymous said...

I love Pete Stark and I loved Popeye so much I bought it on DVD.

Fran said...

I don't see bushman apologizing for the wide swath of death and destruction and lies.

Ugh. BTW I am not only using but over using your great "Jesus I'm sick of these people tag". How I thank you!