Ah, but I bet if the teachers wanted a concealed swingset in the teachers' lounge, they'd get one. Besides, guns don't kill people, people kill people. But swingsets ... the death toll is staggering!
We have about one broken arm or leg on our playground each year. Thankfully though, common sense usually prevails when it comes to limiting what kids can do.
Hahahahaha. The legislatrix who took Chisum to task is a gem. I hope she is still kicking ass and taking names in TX. Educational models, ai yi yi yi yi.
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
6 comments:
At Cupcake's school, they don't even have swingsets because they're afraid someone might get hurt....imagine guns.
Ah, but I bet if the teachers wanted a concealed swingset in the teachers' lounge, they'd get one. Besides, guns don't kill people, people kill people. But swingsets ... the death toll is staggering!
We have about one broken arm or leg on our playground each year. Thankfully though, common sense usually prevails when it comes to limiting what kids can do.
Once again, my former state is an embarrassment to itself... >.<
Hahahahaha. The legislatrix who took Chisum to task is a gem. I hope she is still kicking ass and taking names in TX.
Educational models, ai yi yi yi yi.
One thing for Texas -- they breed some kick-ass women. Or do they just stick out more in places where "men are men and longhorns are scared"?
Post a Comment