Friday, October 03, 2008

Can we just drop the bullshit about Sarah and Todd Palin being "working class"?

Can we? Please?

Working class couples are not worth $1.2m. They do not own 3 houses, not to mention their own planes.

Let's talk about the hockey mom thing: hockey is one of the more expensive sports in which to have your kids involved. It is outside the realm of possibility for many working families.

We are going on year 2 of unemployment for my spouse. We own (sort of) a very nice, but modest, house. (And 3 tents. Do those count as houses?)

I am aware that we are far better off than many others.

Sarah Palin's down home populist crap is offensive.

11 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That is totally offensive! And why do I not find it at all surprising? No wonder they don't want taxes for people with $200K incomes.

tweetey30 said...

We have a three bedroom ranch style house not in the best of neighborhoods and a tent also and a 2007 Sebring Chrysler and a 1990 Pontiac Sunbird. I dont like hockey so I am so glad I ended up with girls to be honest with you.

Ed said...

But she is a maverick.

QuakerDave said...

You betcha.

Mark said...

But don't you think the way she is always droppin' the gs off her participles is her way of displayin' the common touch?

Suzy said...

And not elitist at all.

poodledoc said...

Hey, my son owns his own plane, too. But it's a toy.

Suzy said...

Did you give it to him for his 14th birthday?

poodledoc said...

no, for his 14th birthday I gave him his very own space shuttle....

Anonymous said...

Honestly, she alone makes over $125 grand (taxpayer money). That alone pushes them far outside the realm of working class.

They really do think Americans are stupid.

Suzy said...

I don't think they care. We are here to serve them, as far as they're concerned. Serfs.