

When life gives you purple cabbages, make cabbage salad! I photographed dinner tonight because the colors were so stunning. The ingredients are purple cabbage, steamed broccoli, chopped onion, raisins, and bacon. The dressing is a mixture of yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. It's a variation on the "Creamy Broccoli Salad" from Molly Katzen's
Enchanted Broccoli Forest. The ingredients are partially locally grown: the onion from my gardening group and the cabbage from a cow-orker's parents' truck farm. I wish there was a way to get local broccoli in the colder months.
5 comments:
It tasted as good as it looked!
I thought you were shilling for Fruit Loops when I first saw the picture.
Oh my that looks amazing. Can you send me the recipe by any chance???
Wow.
Yes, I'd like the recipe also, please. Would you consider posting it? My dog ate my copy of The Enchanted Broccoli Forest.
Happy to share the recipe, along with my modifications.
PoodleDoc, Duke just has good taste.
Post a Comment