Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Speechless. No, really.

Light blogging this week because I haven't been feeling up to snuff. I caught a virus that seems to be sweeping through the school district; suspiciously, it seems to strike the adults and leave the kids alone. In fact, while I've been feeling crummy, they've been extra boisterous. Vast kid conspiracy? You decide. Anyway, I've been without a voice since Monday. At various times my ears, my throat, my sinuses and/or my muscles ache. As my daughter Cinderbelle used to say when she was 4, waaaa poo.

(Incidentally, yesterday I had an all-day training and no less than 3 people commented on the fact that I was unusually quiet. One of them was the trainer, whom I've only met once before, last spring. It's tough when you've got a reputation.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

Ed said...

You've been louder than usual once you're asleep. Sssskrrrnnnnxxxxx!

Suzy said...

Thanks, Dr. Monkey.

Ed -- I appreciate that the special investigator has exonerated me from any hint of being a snorer. Now about those people you pal around with ...

Fran said...

Feel better dear Suzy.

Jess Wundrun said...

Get well soon.

Sorghum Crow said...

Bourbon, honey (that's not an endearment, it's an ingredient), and lemon juice. At least you're a librarian. Get better soon.

QuakerDave said...

Here's hoping Suzy

Feels better soon.

As for the kids,

It IS a full moon...

poodledoc said...

Fix some ginger tea and you'll be better, I promise. Or eat some sushi. Just had some in Boston and I think it would cure you! Hope you feel better...

Jan said...

Take care of yourself! Get well soon, Suzy!

tweetey30 said...

Hope you feel better soon. I hate when you get sick and it leaves the kids alone and then they are extra energy. they know when to push buttons and you cant yell at them or what nots... LOL.. Take care and get extra rest this weekend...

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better and what's wrong with having a reputation? Sometimes at school and above it is all I have!

Suzy said...

Aww, you guys.

Mathman ... sometimes people interpret my passion as being a pain in the ass or a trouble maker. That's been hard. Luckily not the case with my current principal.

Terry said...

Suzy, I love that picture. Can I say how beautiful you look without you making a crack? Well, you do!

Suzy said...

I was going to say, "Squeak," but I realized that that would be making a crack. So, gosh Terry, just "Thank you." I'm touched. I was looking lovingly and proudly at Anna when she took this picture, when I visited her in Pittsburgh last spring.