At lunch in the teachers' lounge today, the music teacher shared this story: A fifth grade girl stopped by her room this morning. She was in some distress because she couldn't find her violin and was supposed to be going to Strings class. She had left it in the auditorium and it was no longer there. The music teacher commiserated with her and offered reassurance that she would surely find it. Still, the girl hung around and seemed to want to talk further. She said, "Can I tell you something else?" The teacher said, "Sure." The girl said, "Well ... I brought my pet hamster to school in the violin case and I'm a little worried about it."I've said it before and I'll say it again, being a teacher is many things, but one thing it is not is boring.
Update: I don't know if the violin was found, but the general consensus around the school office was that the girl frequently makes up stories. I hope, for the hamster's sake, that is the case.





5 comments:
Never a dull moment! I love the school stories. MathMan comes home often with a funny one.
Maybe the hamster ate her violin?
DCup, those stories are priceless. Or so I tend to think.
Jess, I thought about that. Or it ate its way out of the case and has taken up residence somewhere. Probably my room. It's fraternizing with the mice who live in my storage closets. Subsisting on rainbow Goldfish crackers.
Poor hamster if she did. Yikes.. Poor little fella...
i can haz cheez? no burgur pleez.
Post a Comment