Friday, March 30, 2007

Tagged!



I was touched to be mentioned among Quaker Dave's current favorite blogs on Thursday. It was sweet. All I do is sit for way too many hours and pour out my heart onto the computer keys (when I should be practicing my guitar, feeding my children, brushing the dog ... you know, life.) But I love to write, and it pleases me to know that a few people like to read it.

So, I guess I am supposed to list 5 favorite blogs of my own ... which of course is not easy to do, because I read a lot more than 5 on a regular basis. And I read them because I like them. But here goes:

Potato Prints: written by a dear friend of mine who exists outside of the luminiferous ether of Blogland. I even know what she looks like! She posts her lovely artwork along with wry commentary. She will be on hiatus for a while, but you can go back and look at the archives. She was one of my inspirations to begin a blog.

Poodle Doc: another dear (F)friend, who I also have face to face communication with. He doesn't post really often ( eg. not 4 in one day like some people I know) but I really enjoy reading the things he composes, as well as his gleanings from elsewhere. Besides, he used to be my vet and even made a house call when my daughter's pet rat was dying.

Thailand Gal: this one's new to me, but Chani almost always seems to nail something that's been a part of my recent musing.

Well, with Quaker Agitator, it's definitely a mutual admiration society and check out Daily Darfur too. (I wrote that all in one sentence, so it only counts as one. That's creative accounting. It's left over from the brief period last fall when I decided to try being a Republican and effect change from the inside.)

OK, 2 blogs that I don't just like because the authors share my name. They're both done by really creative women, illustrated with beautiful photographs of locales that look exotic to my Wisconsin eyes, and they resonate in me in a different way than the lefty political blogs where I spend so much of my time. Suzie's Sacred Space (from BC, Canada) and Arty Fartying Around (from South Africa.)

What am I up to now? 4? Great ... I can include this one more: Goldendaze. Ginnie is a really good writer and she has led/leads a most interesting life.

And so many more. I love that in the blogging world there is myriad somethings for everyone, and because I have this split personality between Emma Goldman and a Norwegian housewife, my cyber travels take me to blogs about knitting, progressive politics, education, Quakerism, and making the most adorable Japanese stuffed animals ("stuffies") you've ever seen.

Tag, you're all "it". This time it's bad sixties TV sitcom theme song tag, so if you don't want to do it, you have to sit down really fast and say, "Greenacresistheplacetobe!"

7 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I am so honoured that you mentioned my blog Suzy! It's an honour, truly.

Suzy said...

Well, I mean every word I say ... and I'm so pleased you keep coming back to see mine, because it's so different from yours.

thailandchani said...

Thanks so much for acknowledging me. :) I like your blog better than you like mine. Neener Neener.

Just kidding. :)


Peace,

~Ch

Suzy said...

Chani ... I have more cute kids on mine. (Note: They aren't really my kids. I consider it a worthwhile expense to go to Cute Kids R Us Modeling Agency to find children to feature in my blog.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Luminiferous

It's funny, since I went on extended break, I feel a real sense of loss. I've done that blog for one year now, and so many cyber people have come into my life. It is actually a big part of my identity. It brightened me up to be named on your blog.

Your blog has added a really neat twist to my blog world.

Also, you have excellent taste in naming the other blogs.

thailandchani said...

We never know with the blog world, do we? I mean... who lurketh behind these screens?

What if I am not a short, pudgy eccentric with a passion for a little country in Southeast Asia? What if I'm really a big, fat old man in a torn t-shirt sitting in my easy chair drinking beer?

:)

Peace,

~Ch

Suzy said...

Chani, MS. Magazine had a piece of fiction about that very thing back in, wait let me take my shoes off, 1983?