I like this part the best:SCHAGEN, Netherlands (AP) -- The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was thrown open Saturday -- you could say it was the first time in 4,000 years -- drawing a crowd of curious pilgrims and townsfolk to behold the wonder.
Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark, built by Dutch creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible. (Read it and weep)
On the uncovered top deck -- not quite ready in time for the opening -- will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats. And one camel.One camel?? If I were a little kid, I'd feel ripped off! Isn't there supposed to be two of everything?
This leads me to my newest moneymaking scheme: a Quaker theme park! Penn-Land? The Peaceable (Magic) Kingdom? There will be a recreation of Pendle Hill right in the middle, but it will be built out of compost, in keeping with Quaker Earth care principles. Carnival games such as, "William Penn's Sword -- Wear It As Long As You Can! Everyone a winner!"
I think I need to go back to bed.





3 comments:
People will come up with anything, won't they?
I can see some historical value in creating a replica of Noah's Ark. It would be kind of interesting to see it... but a theme park?
(sigh)
Peace,
~Chani
Wow, clever response to global warming: build an ark!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comment. I'm glad you did and that I came here...you are great. I have more to read, but have to say that you are right on about Hillary. And Bush, and...
A lot of snakes in the political grass.
Post a Comment