
I've been accepted into the Master's program in Library Science! I've been working on the certification to be a school library media specialist for 5 years. I just have to figure out how to fit in student teaching in a library when I have to teach full time in my classroom, and I'll be done with that. It's that pesky money thang. Last summer I decided that I would go for broke (probably literally) to get the Master's. Who knows? Maybe I'll retire to some little public library somewhere; it will beat being a greeter at WalMart! After that, no more advanced degrees.
I wonder if they'll let me join a sorority ...





5 comments:
Congrats! That's wonderful! Being a librarian would be an awesome life. Still, I can't imagine either how you will do it and still teach.
You have more energy than me! But then you're younger than me! LOL
Peace,
~Chani
Thanks, Chani. Grad school will be one class at a time. The student teaching? I don't know, it's 210 hours -- not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but essentially 5 weeks of work. I tried to get a paid sabbatical this spring (my union and district offer one each semester) but the deciding committee felt that the teacher with the Hip Hop music project was more worthy than my becoming a teacher of information literacy. I'm just a teeny tiny bit bitter about that, but I may still try again next year. (Political correctness is a criticism often leveled at my town, and decisions like that -- or naming a school after a Hmong drug runner/murderer -- only validate the criticism.)
Congratulations, Suzy!!!!!! You will be a wonderful librarian, even without a bun.
I'm wondering, though, is there a sorority for librarians?
Perhaps you can become a Hip-Hop librarian? Then they're sure to give you a sabbatical!
YAY YOU! Way to go.
Just don't get too busy to blog.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment