I've posted before about the journalist Robert Fisk. He has a new book out, The Great War for Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East, which my friend Poodle Doc says is remarkable. Here is Fisk in a nutshell, in an article posted today on Common Dreams. And more. He is one of the smartest journalists around, by far. In fact, he's one of just a handful worthy of the job title.
Greg Palast, another fine investigative reporter, has more along the same lines. We would not be teetering on the brink of fascism (and I believe we are) if the Fourth Estate had been doing its job.
(At our house, we have adopted a Palast-coined term: "Clown meat" for food from Mickey D's. Isn't it great?)
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Agree completely. For the most part, the news media has been little more than a propaganda outlet.
I've taken to watching Democracy Now, hoping to get something real. For the most part, I have to depend on shortwave radio broadcasts from other countries.
Peace,
~Chani
Post a Comment