From The Huffington Post:You know what I think of NCLB."The No Child Left Behind Act is working," Bush said with first lady Laura Bush, Education Secretary Margaret Spellings, New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I) and School Chancellor Joel Klein at his side. "I say that because the nation's report card says it's working. Scores are improving, in some instances hitting all-time highs."
ad_iconA few moments later, he added, "As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured." The official White House transcript later corrected the statement to "children." [Because it is 2nd nature to them to lie.]
Read the entire article here.





10 comments:
"Childrens do learn."
I heard that on the radio this morning and nearly crashed, what with laughing to bust a gut and shaking my head in disbelief.
yes Mr My Pet Goat, childrens do learn, Mandelas do live, and gynecologists still give their love
signed
maggie spelling bee
i hate these peeples!
As I've said many times before, that ANYONE gives this mean little man ANY credibility is w-a-a-a-y beyond me. Impeachment, anyone???
It's almost impossible to believe. How ridiculous, esp. for our president!!
Not MY president!
Funny and depressing post. I swear to god I just listened to the news (Friday) and heard him talk about "carbon admissions." Did anyone else hear that?
I've been thinking(!) about this gaffe. I wonder if Chimpy's little lizard brain has heard State CHILDREN'S Health Insurance Program so many times that "childrens" just bubbled out when he opened his gaping maw.
I just read that absurd quote again, and beyond the bad grammar, I take issue with the content of it. Childrens may learn when the standards are higher, but the measuring of the results has nothing to do with it, anymore than I could make corn grow faster by going out into the field everyday to measure it. Wienie.
Shucks, I only have one childrens...
... that you know of. Bwahahaha.
Post a Comment