When, in 3rd grade, I asked my mom to explain to me what religion we were, she told me that our religion was books, and that there were book temples in every city and country.
So, whenever I move to a new city (often!) I have made it a practice to get a library card before I even start to unpack the boxes.
Librarians make things happen.
The profession will be very lucky to have you in its ranks. I can't wait for the film.
And if you disagree with me, I might have to throw up on your clogs.
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
7 comments:
So..........is Laura Bush to librarians what Richard Nixon is to Quakers?
We use our library here a lot. Like, we're there once a week, easy. We hardly spend any money on books: we borrow.
And our local library's staff totally rocks.
I have got to see this.
Thanks for the video.
And yeah, poodle, I think you nailed it.
Hi Suzy
When, in 3rd grade, I asked my mom to explain to me what religion we were, she told me that our religion was books, and that there were book temples in every city and country.
So, whenever I move to a new city (often!) I have made it a practice to get a library card before I even start to unpack the boxes.
Librarians make things happen.
The profession will be very lucky to have you in its ranks. I can't wait for the film.
And if you disagree with me, I might have to throw up on your clogs.
Caroline, I LOVE that. (But please don't throw up on my clogs. What will I wear to the MAMAs next year?)
Next to art, reading and books are my favorite thing. I loved this, thanks.
Free libraries are such an amazing American institution.
Post a Comment