Tuesday, May 29, 2007

So much to say, and so little time ...

Still no internets service at home. Something must be blocking the tubes. Maybe that's where my Twinkles, my pet hamster, has got to. She's been missing for the last week. But, as always, I have something on my mind. So stay tuned for:
1) the Memorial Day peace rally I attended
2) my visit to an upscale Fair Trade clothing boutique
3) thoughts on Cindy Sheehan ... I am grieveing her departure ... What is wrong with the Left, that Democratic Underground would attack a person who has given her all (and more) in the name of peace?

Well, I got a lot of gardening done over the weekend, and I have a sore back to prove it. I'll be back in earnest one of these days ...

8 comments:

poodledoc said...

LE: Come back to us soon! We need you in the Land of Blog! The wicked Bush of the East is stealing all the common sense! Now even Cindy Sheehan has decided to "retire". We NEED you in the Land of Blog!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Blocking the tubs...awesome. That guys crazy man!

Anyway, enjoy your time in the garden and not on the computer, considering it a tube vacation.

Lucia said...

Let me just say that I'm looking forward to your next posts!

Good for you getting to a Memorial Day peace rally, and I'm sad about Cindy Sheehan today too.

And I work in fair trade. Here in Wisconsin. And I don't know of an actual FT clothing boutique (not actual), but I did hear that RC put a sign in their window recently at Hilldale.

Suzy said...

Lucia, I'll write more about it when I'm back on line at home, but at Hilldale there is a store called Fair Indigo. Mortgage your house and sell your first born child and maybe you can afford a t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luminiferous
Sorry to hear about your back. Yes, Cindy Sheehan's departure is a big loss. I listened to "Air America" yesterday and heard about the slime campaigns. I was really shocked. That clothing store sounds enticing. I've just applied to re-finance my house.

Suzy said...

Potato Prints, you old devil, you. I happen to know you live in an apartment. No fair trade t-shirts for you!

Lucia said...

Oh, yes. I've been at meetings with the Fair Indigo folks. Close to fair trade. Just because you say it, doesn't mean you're livin' it.

Suzy said...

No, and I wasn't particularly impressed with Fair Indigo. I still try to find a balance between buying new and used clothing, figuring that being frugal is probably the most sustainable route.