This evening my youngest child graduates from elementary school. She goes to 6th grade next year. I will no longer be the mom of an elementary school child. Sniff. (But she looks ready, doesn't she?)
Doesn't it look like she belongs in a Bingo palace? The photo is actually on Washington Island, on our way back from Rock Island last summer.
It was a beautiful ceremony tonight w/ lots of proud and ready-to-move-on 11 year olds and their families. When I look at Grace and her classmates I get a little teary eyed.
She is beautiful. What a great collaborative project to raise a child this far. I'm not a mom, so I can only try to imagine the feelings. Sheeesh. Now I'M getting teary eyed.
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
5 comments:
Congratulations, Grace! And I DO like the hat.
Doesn't it look like she belongs in a Bingo palace? The photo is actually on Washington Island, on our way back from Rock Island last summer.
It was a beautiful ceremony tonight w/ lots of proud and ready-to-move-on 11 year olds and their families. When I look at Grace and her classmates I get a little teary eyed.
She is beautiful. What a great collaborative project to raise a child this far. I'm not a mom, so I can only try to imagine the feelings. Sheeesh. Now I'M getting teary eyed.
She's adorable! I love the hat! It has a lot of attitude.
She gave a little speech ... it's full of attitude. I'll have to get a copy of it and post it.
Good to hear from you, Janet! I'll be over to visit your blog as soon as I come up for air!
Post a Comment