My long-time friend, photographer Lewis Koch, has just posted this interactive art installation on the web. It is beautiful and, I think, hope-inspiring. I hope you find it so as well.
I have always admired Lewis' absolute commitment to a creative life. The first time I visited his home, some 26 or so years ago, I was awestruck by an enormous bulletin board in his kitchen that was a virtual scrapbook of his adult life -- photographs, labels, postcards, a shriveled carrot ... I am fond of creating mini-museums on windowsills, the dashboard of my car, any relatively stationery flat surface, and I think I can credit Lew's bulletin board for being one inspiration.
I also love the way he combines his photography with found objects and snippets of text harvested from works both well known and obscure. At various times his work has made me laugh, made me cry, and always moved me.
(If you watch the "Duct Tape Works" video segment, and you don't blink from 5:26-5:28, you will catch a glimpse of a 14 year younger version of me, looking awkward as usual in a party situation.)
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Thanks for pointing this out. Very cool. Oh, and by the way, it's Clinton's fault.
Post a Comment