Thursday, May 03, 2007

Does MoveOn Finally Get It?


MoveOn has a survey here, asking their membership if they support impeachment. Pardon me while I bang my head against the wall. Anyway, I went to the site and responded to the survey with this comment:
IT'S A NO-BRAINER! Impeachment is the process that the framers of the U.S. Constitution put in place to prevent tyrannical rule in our country. It is a legal process that is set in motion when our leaders in Washington do not follow the rule of law. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE ALLOW THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION TO BREAK THE LAW BEFORE WE USE IMPEACHMENT??? Contrary to Republican belief it is NOT for presidents who get blow jobs in the Oval Office. Contrary to Nancy Pelosi's belief, it is neither partisan, vindictive, nor a distraction. Impeachment is at the heart of saving our Republic. Period. Duh.
I'm sure the computer that tallies the responses will appreciate the subtlety of my comment.

For what it's worth, please go to their site if you want to see the Commander Guy and his puppeteers impeached. (I can't believe he just referred to himself as "the Commander Guy." Every kindergartner in my classroom has more sophistication and maturity -- not to mention compassion -- than Dubya.)

4 comments:

poodledoc said...

Well said by you. I can't believe they are asking! Huh?

I gave up on MoveOn after the umpteenth request for money. Maybe it's time for them to "move on"

Suzy said...

I never give them any money. I unsubscribed to them after they took the centrist road in opposition to the war.

Ed said...

I thought I was the Commander Guy!

Suzy said...

No, Ed. You're the Emergency Back-Up Food Guy.