Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sigh

My eldest daughter, Cinderbelle, has moved out to an apartment and is in the never-ending (or so it seems) process of cleaning out her room at home so that we can take it over. Tonight she gave me a note that she found, written to me from a friend of mine who tragically committed suicide 2 years ago. It's sad, but also a kind of a sweet "Hello." And I say, "Hello back. I hope you have found some peace."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That's sad and at the same time, maybe some closure.

tweetey30 said...

Yes closure. We all need that. Happy Thanksgiving Suzy. Hope you have a wonderful day..

Suzy said...

Thanks, friends. It was weird, because I hadn't been close to her in some time. She really struggled for a long time. A few years ago she showed up at my door late at night, and asked if she could borrow $50. I will always be in awe of the how hard that must have been for her, and I will always be grateful that I gave her the money, only asking, "Are you safe?" Finding the note reminded me of some very fun times we had. Our friendship kind of got derailed when she got married to a guy I didn't care for and then got pregnant, right after my daughter died. (He stuck with her until the end, BTW, and has been a very committed father.) I'm a little ashamed that I was the one who ended the friendship. But the amazing thing is, love doesn't end.

Tweetey, same to you! My Green Bay relatives are coming down to Madison tomorrow. My daughter is especially excited to see the cousins.