Last week, it was the über-adorable piglet squid.
This week the BBC has an article about the common ancestor, still living, of all of the world's deep-sea octopi.
And I would just like to say to all of the squid and octopi who might be reading my blog, at that temple in Japan back in 1974? That was my sister who bought the "octopus on a stick", not me. I was a vegetarian. And I don't eat anything with tentacles or suction cups.





7 comments:
I wonder how their eyes changed as they went deeper into the ocean?
Ask Dick.
What strikes me about the octopus, is how much it looks like a human fetus. Minus all the extra appendages, of course
You know, the Ginger Kalamari salad is really good. So's the Squid Salad. (Can you believe a customer actually said that at work??)
Yes, I asked Dick via email but he's on vacation in AZ this week.
I was just hoping you would speculate in a fantastic manner about what might have happened to their eyes. What would you say to one of your students if they asked that question???
I'd say they were bad, and it will happen to THEM if they are also bad.
Hey, doesn't that octopus also look a bit like Bart (an Homer) Simpson?
A piglet squid and a Bartlett octopus?
Post a Comment