Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tagged!

Ho hum. Life is so ... meaningless. That's why I have jumped at the chance to do the meaningless meme, just as DCup knew I would.

1. Five names you go by:
a) Mom (Mommy, Mama ... depending on what they want from me)
b) Ms. Grindrod (my schoolmarm persona)
c) Snoozin' (or sometimes Snoozin' Suzan or Snoozer)
d) Suzy
e) Hey you! Feed me!! (spoken in cat, dog, and guinea pig)

2. Three things you are wearing right now:
a) my favorite Irish cardigan
b) felted green wool slippers (I made them myself)
c) my nuddies (under my clothes)

3. Two things you want very badly at the moment:
a) another 2 days off
b) a good book and bed

4. Three people who will probably fill this out:
a) Enriched Geranium
b) Poodle Doc
c) (insert your name here)

5. Two things you did last night:
a) Went to hear my sweetie's band (Reptile Palace Orchestra) at the beautiful and amazing Mabel Tainter Theater in Menomonie, WI -- about 3 1/2 hours north of here
b) soaked in the bacteria & chemical stew, er, hot tub at the Menomonie Country Inn & Suites

6. Two things you ate today:
a) eggs benedict at the Norske Nook in Osseo, WI
b) roasted, salted cashews from the Menomonie Food Co-op

7. Two people you last talked to on the phone:
a) my older daughter Cinderbelle (true story: She called shortly after we arrived home, while I was trying to put things away. I was talking and walking when -- eeeuwww -- I stepped right in a pile of dog doo outside of our bedroom. I guess Molly didn't get out right away when she needed to.)
b) Sparkly Seacow's friend Violet's stepdad Todd

8. Two things you are going to do tomorrow:
a) go to work
b) meet a friend in the sauna at the Y to conduct some Quaker Meeting business. (Hey, it was her idea!)

9. Two longest car rides:
a) Madison, WI to Keene, NH in my 1967 VW beetle with my dog, my mama cat and her 4 newborn kittens
b) Madison, WI to Salt Lake City with an 8 year old and a toddler

10. Two of your favorite beverages:
a) Yorkshire Gold black tea, brewed strong, with milk and sugar the British way. I drink a cup every morning and afternoon.
b) Mocha Millie, a coffee drink at a neighborhood coffee shop, made with chocolate and malt powder. "Whipped cream on top?" "Yes, please."

And finally, a clip from a favorite movie: Etre et avoir (To Be and To Have). If you have not seen this wonderful French documentary about a teacher in a country school, do yourself a favor and rent it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for indulging me! Have I mentioned that I love the idea of "neo-schoolmarmism?"

Mmmmm. Tea with milk and sugar. I haven't done that in a while.

Sorry about the dog doo. I'm sure Molly was very embarrassed. I think a trip to the sauna will help you get over it.

tweetey30 said...

Life is too short to be mad at Mollie.. But I liked your answers to the trip. I have went from MN to Las Vegas and from there home again on the bus...

poodledoc said...

Ha! Good ones! I'll try to repond on my blog, although you ARE a tough act to follow!

Ed said...

"Whipped cream on top?" "Yes, please."

Hmmm....

Suzy said...

Poodle Doc -- Oh no, the truth is um, exposed. Now you know where Lianne and I wrote your minute!!

poodledoc said...

Yes, my agents have informed me of this! Bwahahahaha Was this done in a Quaker sweat lodge?? Anyway, looking forward to hearing it this coming First Day

Suzy said...

Poodle Doc - Oh no! Quaker sweat lodge? That's so controversial!!

Jan said...

Interesting Quaker meeting place! Fun to read.

Suzy said...

As you know who said: "Wherever 2 or more are gathered in my name ..."