Cunning Runt -- You are a funny guy. Two things sprang to mind as read your post. First, I really love the bumper sticker about hoping the rapture comes soon and gets all the fundies OUT of here.
The other one was the interview on Stephen Colbert with the man who was responsible for getting An Inconvenient Truth banned from his Seattle area school district. It was hysterically funny, where he talked, in all seriousness, about after the Rapture when he'd be at a giant RV park in the sky. Sheesh -- couldn't he even come up with a better vision for where he'd spend eternity? A flargin' RV park????
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
6 comments:
HI Suzy,
The quiz was fun; I've been banished to the sixth level of hell with the other heretics. I'll pass you on the way down, I guess.
Beth
We can give each other a high five. Ed will be on 6th with you. You can read Christopher Moore books to each other.
Well shoot -- I mean shit -- I'll see you guys.. Maybe you can come down to see me on the 7th floor later.. we can party.
terry
Is there an elevator? Can we have pajama parties?
"Unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire" sounds a lot like puberty, doesn't it? Ooh, that WOULD be Hell to have to repeat all of that.
Hell will seem just like Heaven to me, if I can be there with all of my friends.
This whole Heaven and Hell baloney made me write this a while back.
Yeah, I know, "shameless blogwhoring!" I resemble that remark!
Cunning Runt -- You are a funny guy. Two things sprang to mind as read your post. First, I really love the bumper sticker about hoping the rapture comes soon and gets all the fundies OUT of here.
The other one was the interview on Stephen Colbert with the man who was responsible for getting An Inconvenient Truth banned from his Seattle area school district. It was hysterically funny, where he talked, in all seriousness, about after the Rapture when he'd be at a giant RV park in the sky. Sheesh -- couldn't he even come up with a better vision for where he'd spend eternity? A flargin' RV park????
Post a Comment