I'm really sick of former aides to George F. W. Bush publishing "tell all" books. Scott McClellan is only the latest in a long string of weasels (my apologies to the cute little animal above) who continues to profit off of the misery that has been visited on the world over the last 7 years.If he knew it was wrong then, why didn't he say anything then? No, he had to wait until he had a lucrative book deal. I'm sure he'll be wringing his hands all the way to the bank.
It's times like these that I wish I believed in Hellfire and brimstone. I picture the Devil saying, "Sorry Scotty -boy. All of the mea culpas in the world aren't going to save your sorry ass!"
Sheesh.
(By the way, I have decided that henceforth I shall refer to the mean little alcoholic who is not my president as George F.W. Bush. The "F.W." stands for something not very Quakerly.)





6 comments:
Yes, somehow the notion of Hell has become more appealing as I've come to realize these crooks aren't going to be judeged in this world. Certainly not by the Democrats. LOL The notion of these guys facing eternal damnation and all that is interesting, if not Quakerly. But I'd just settle for impeachment.
I'd like to see them on trial at the Hague.
Suzy, I like your sarcasm.
Funny how they grow enough spine to tell truth to power only when they get a big advance shoved at them. And even then, they can't really tell the truth:
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/21/mcclellan-won%e2%80%99t-implicate-bush/
This post is unfair to our furry friends, by the way. Cockroaches might be a better metaphor.
Yeah, I know, it's unfair to weasels.
My mom, never known for being refined or tactful, used to call people hemorrhoids. She'd say, "I'd call him an asshole, but an asshole performs a useful service. Hemmorhoids are good for nothing."
Yes, it really boggles my mind and my sense of right and wrong. Horrible things keep popping up so fast, and there are so many of them. I'm sitting here trying to put words around my outrage, but truly, words fail me.
The only thing I know for sure is that I cannot throw up my hands and let myself slip into cynicism. I really admire your ability to use your words to slice through some of these affronts.
Post a Comment