This new dog, Molly, requires a lot of exercise which has its good points and its bad points. What's good is, it gets at least one of us out to the dog parks on an almost daily basis. On Saturday we decided to go further afield, to our favorite county park, Indian Lake. We forgot, until we were nearly there and saw a lot of people in blaze orange, that it was deer huntin' season, so we walked through the field periodically waving our arms and shouting, "We're not deer!" Here are a few photos.
Here is a view of the lake, with some geese.

This is Georgia, who has gotten so much perkier since Molly came to stay. Having someone to boss around has given her a new lease on life.

This is Molly, the Temp Dog.

Indian Lake Park is beautiful at any time, but especially so at dusk.


I've long harbored a secret desire to live in this farmhouse
.
16 comments:
Wasn't there a song about Indian Lake?
That looks so amazing. Wow.
The image of you yelling "we're not deer" is at once hilarious and so sad to me.
Dr.M: Indian Lake is the scene you should make with your little one ... (or something like that.)
Fran -- We were really dumb to be out and NOT wearing blaze orange.
But Suzy, you are deer to us...
Suzy,
These are so beautiful. That farmhouse has your name written all over it. Thanks for posting them. I'll have to put Indian Lake on my itinerary. And yes, Georgia looks like she has a new lease on life.
Suzy, the chapel at the top of the hill in that park was built by my great-great-great uncle Peter Marx. (My dad's mother's grandfather's brother). Surprise! I've got Marx's in my lineage!!!
The Tree Farm is just up the road a way from there, is open now for Christmas Trees and next July for pick your own fruits and vegetables. (My own personal dream home is just past the park on Hy 19. It is also a stone farmhouse. I dream of a little goat farm with some chickens............)
We were just there a few weeks ago on the last day the Tree Farm was open for fall vegetables. I got to give my girls a little 'here's where you're from' lesson. When you were there you were truly stomping on my terroir!
Jess, that is very cool. There is a stone farmhouse further along 19 that is currently for sale. That is one of my favorite stretches of road in the world!
Sorghum Crow -- awww, shucks.
Indian Lake is the scene you should make with your little one ... (or something like that.)
Aaahh... the Cowsills, now there was a class act.
Nice pictures, but it looks COLD.
Oh my gosh, Sminthia, the COWSILLS!
I remember reading about their rise from poverty to stardom in Tiger Beat, how it was so cold in their house that Bobby's pet squirrel monkey froze to death and (here's one of those things that sticks in your brain in place of algebraic equations) "his big brown eyes filled with tears." Sheesh, I must have been 8 when I read that!
Yes, Jan, it was cold, but that's what long johns are for.
dogs are the best
no matter they love us
and they bring out the best in us whether we realize it or not
Distributor Cap, I agree. I'm very attached to Georgia, and I'll be sad when Molly leaves to join her human family in New Zealand.
I'm pretty partial to cats too.
beautiful! we used to take Scout to the dog park almost every day. probably still should.
I would want to live there too! Oh, it's so beautiful. I love your dogs too, what sweeties, I bet they would love to live there as well.
I think I'm in love.
With Molly.
{{sigh}}
Post a Comment