We're lucky to get a inch or two anymore here in TN. We used to get four or five good snows a year and it would stay cold for at least two to three months but not any more.
We used to get a lot more here, too. I understand cabin fever, and in fact get some seasonal depression, but I love winter. Go figure. That's actually how I figured out that I have bona fide seasonal affective disorder.
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
8 comments:
Ach! You beat me to it! On my way home from rehearsal, driving through the driven snow, I was mentally composing an almost identical post.
We're lucky to get a inch or two anymore here in TN. We used to get four or five good snows a year and it would stay cold for at least two to three months but not any more.
Hey, I have a snowflake just like that one....
Really?! You had snow?! Eeeck! I hope we put ours off for a very long time. I don't want to get cabin fever before winter is even officiall here, LOL.
We used to get a lot more here, too. I understand cabin fever, and in fact get some seasonal depression, but I love winter. Go figure. That's actually how I figured out that I have bona fide seasonal affective disorder.
Sorghum crow: Ha. Just ha.
And Ed? You owe me a beer.
There's a Fat Squirrel nut brown ale waiting for you in the refrigerator.
I HATE SNOW.
Cinders ... I SO called EXACTLY what your comment was going to be. You are SO predictable.
Post a Comment