... Bono's eyewear. Someone needs to do a fashion intervention.
I ordered new glasses frames today, after the old ones broke. (Call me vain, but I do not go in for the masking tape look.) They are not anything like Bono's. Bono's glasses remind me of the giant wrap-around yellow sunglasses that my mother and her sister both wore in their later years. They make me afraid, very afraid.
And, while I am meandering on pointless topics, I'll just mention that there was a message on my answering machine this morning from an old friend of my parents, expressing appreciation for my latest letter to the editor, as well as all the others. Her comment was, "Your mother lives on in you!" It made me cry. My mom had her issues, but she always spoke out for what she believed in. I'm proud to be like her in that way.
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
How did Bono ever get the idea that those glasses are cool? He obviously thinks he's pretty hot stuff. It's like when a cat sits in a box or paper bag, looking very proud of itself, unaware that it really is totally absurd. "Look at me! I'm cool! I'm sittin' in a box!" I think it's time to introduce some new phrases to the english language. Next time you see someone doing something stupid and it's clear they think you should be impressed with their coolness, say "He/she is really Bono" or "He/she is sittin' in a box." Think George Bush in his flight suit. That's really Bono. He's sittin' in a box.
I would love to have someone say to me, "Your mother lives in you!" I'm glad your mother's friend told you that. What a compliment.
That was a great compliment. Wow. I remember reading about your mom here on your blog a couple of times and I found it all so moving.
What a great message.
Hi Suzy
I can really relate to your story about the answering machine. How wonderful that the person called you.
After my mom's death, I realized how insufficient these words are: "my mom died." That's not at all what happened. My mom's physical body died, and her spirit becamce stronger in mine. I, too, am proud to be my mother's daughter.
Post a Comment