I remember that. When I taught third grade in VA, I remember a boy throwing up at the lunch table, which brought on others. . . .yuck. A memory that stands out even 30 years later!
Sorry you got barfed on. Today, I was cutting open a dog eye from a Miniature Pinscher that had been picked up by a hawk, then dropped. (no word on whether the dog lived) But, I got the eye. All this brown stuff oozed out when I cut into it. (I hasten to add that veterinarians send us animal eyes from all over the world for pathological diagnosis in our lab at the Vet School, that's why I had this particular eyeball in my possession. In case anyone's wondering). Anyone else?
PoodleDoc -- You win in the gross category! Can I be in charge of the hors d'oevres for your wedding? Nanny Ogg's Cookbook has a great recipe for stuffed sheeps' eyeballs ...
Jan -- It's all in a day's work for a teacher! I have a recollection from my very first job in a day care center, of a child who was forced to eat his creamed spinach at lunch. Big mistake.
I remember in 3rd grade my best friend had epilepsi and she had a fit after lunch because she forgot to take her afternoon pill and the teacher couldnt take her down to the nurses office and the male teacher across the hall got pissed on because my friend had lost all control of her bodily functions at that point.. Yikes...
Tweetey -- Hard to believe that a teacher would get mad at a student for something that obviously out of the students' control. But I remember teachers like that too.
Dave -- Is that the difference between kindergarten and middle school?
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
11 comments:
I remember that. When I taught third grade in VA, I remember a boy throwing up at the lunch table, which brought on others. . . .yuck. A memory that stands out even 30 years later!
Sorry you got barfed on. Today, I was cutting open a dog eye from a Miniature Pinscher that had been picked up by a hawk, then dropped. (no word on whether the dog lived) But, I got the eye. All this brown stuff oozed out when I cut into it. (I hasten to add that veterinarians send us animal eyes from all over the world for pathological diagnosis in our lab at the Vet School, that's why I had this particular eyeball in my possession. In case anyone's wondering). Anyone else?
PoodleDoc -- You win in the gross category! Can I be in charge of the hors d'oevres for your wedding? Nanny Ogg's Cookbook has a great recipe for stuffed sheeps' eyeballs ...
Jan -- It's all in a day's work for a teacher! I have a recollection from my very first job in a day care center, of a child who was forced to eat his creamed spinach at lunch. Big mistake.
Nope. But then again, I don't work.
Whatever you get paid, it's not enough.
I remember in 3rd grade my best friend had epilepsi and she had a fit after lunch because she forgot to take her afternoon pill and the teacher couldnt take her down to the nurses office and the male teacher across the hall got pissed on because my friend had lost all control of her bodily functions at that point.. Yikes...
Lucky me. I have had kids have seizures and such, but no puke in 27 years.
But there's still lots of time...
Tweetey -- Hard to believe that a teacher would get mad at a student for something that obviously out of the students' control. But I remember teachers like that too.
Dave -- Is that the difference between kindergarten and middle school?
Dr. Monkey -- I could send some kids over to barf on you.
DCup -- Thanks.
Does getting metaphorically shat upon count?
Oh, indeed, Sorghum. In fact, it's probably worse, since I actually LIKE the kid who barfed on me and felt sorry for her.
Post a Comment