Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun and Games

This game was posted on Facebook by an old high school compadre of mine, and I've adapted it for blogging.

The Book Grab Game
Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence in my comments. Post the rules on your own blog, if you wish to continue the fun. Whee!

I'm a little embarrassed to post mine; it came out of a book that my mother-in-law left on our diningroom table, and shall we say, she doesn't always share my taste in books. (She doesn't even like Terry Pratchett. Sheesh!) It sounds vaguely pornographic.
"I catch his eye and realize that his hand has moved on to me."

11 comments:

poodledoc said...

"It has been a time of peace?"

Suzy said...

That sounds dubious.

Jan said...

Interesting. . .

Dave Schipper said...

"I have been accused of a PR scam," Pearson says.

Ed said...

"Assassins were near the top of the list, just after kings and the undead."

Sminthia said...

"Stereocilia increase the surface area of the epithelium for absorption."

http://www.sminthophile.blogspot.com/

Sorghum Crow said...

"That, of course, was illogical; but you can hardly expect logic from a man in his position."

Make of that what you will.

Anonymous said...

Sure, sure......;-D

Cinderbelle said...

"How about a game of Splong!™, specially devised for the Mark Five?" pleaded the imp.

Terry said...

"What was the point?"



(That was the sentence, not commentary.)

Jess Wundrun said...

Ha! I just looked and the book that's nearest to me is one that a tenant left in our apartment. It's in a box of books that have to be gotten rid of or stored elsewhere.

The book is called

"The Modern Girls Guide to Life". It tells you how to apply makeup or set a table for a fancy dinner. te he.