Monday, November 03, 2008

The Long Arm of the Law

I wrote in my Halloween post about being pulled over for failing to have up to date registration stickers on my car. Being the law abiding citizen that I am, I went home and looked for the registration sticker. I was so proud of myself when I actually found my '08 sticker and put it on my car. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I had stayed out of Gitmo for one more day, when Mr. Ether -- helpful Mr. Ether -- pointed out that I needed the '09 sticker. I have no idea where it is, and I suspect I may have accidentally thrown it out in a fit of clearing away clutter. So I've actually been driving around illegally for the last year and a half. Gosh, I hope no Republican poll observers use that to try to prevent me from voting tomorrow!

The state DMV makes it quite easy to get a replacement sticker with just an automated phone call, and it looks like they may not even charge for it. So I'm good, but my family had a little laugh at my expense. Again.

8 comments:

poodledoc said...

Ha, good story! I was thinking that the Helpful Mr Ether could've made a sticker on his Mac.....

Suzy said...

He could! And he could make you one too. That $40/year adds up.

Fran said...

You just don't love America, do you? If you did your stickers would be in order!!

Suzy said...

I confess, I pal around with unseemly types, like lefty bloggers.

tweetey30 said...

Yikes.. Scary to know you have been driving around without your stickers that long. I always put them on the car right away when we get them so we dont forget about them..

Anonymous said...

Phew! I would hate for you to break your law abiding streak!

Sorghum Crow said...

When out of date stickers are outlawed only outlaws will have out of date stickers.

Suzy said...

And damned proud of it, Sorghum!