All this talk about the dog the Obamas are going to get inspires me to say (again) that I am head over heels in love with my dog, Molly. Molly came to us almost a year ago. The plan was, she would live with us for 3 months until our friends could bring her to their new home in New Zealand. During that time our beloved corgi Georgia died, our friends began to question whether the trip and subsequent quarantine would be too hard on Molly, and we fell in love with her.
Molly is 12. I know she isn't going to be with us for many years. But she has convinced me that, as cute as puppies can be, older dogs can be amazingly rewarding.
And finally, live action footage of what we have to put up with every single time we take Molly in the car, courtesy of Cinderbelle. This was last Christmas, shortly after Molly came to live with us:
15 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Molly seems like a wonderful companion. I'm always struck by the fact that pets give more than they take.
Doesn't Molly look rockin' in my sunglasses? Haha. What a silly dog.
Oh, and, mom, I showed that video to my friend Marlon last night, and he was like, "wait, so all dogs of that breed moo like cows?" He didn't understand that it was a video of my actual dog. When I finally explained it to him, he was completely blown away. Haha. He and Johnny were like, "You should've stopped the car and let her out to graze."
She was talking to you in your ear.. Just wonder what exactly she was saying.. LOL... I would have ended up with goose bumps from her blowing warm air into my ears... LOL... Take care of her because she is just beautiful..
Proud to be a public school teacher for 26 years, I see teaching as a radical act. Practitioner of Neo-schoolmarmism. School Library Media Specialist. I am a convinced Quaker, born again agnostic, mother of 3 daughters, passionate about issues of peace and social justice. My mom was a "red diaper baby", my dad was a conscientious objector during WW2, and I grew up in the thick of anti-war protests in Madison, Wisconsin in the sixties. Not a Republican bone in my body and not many Democratic ones either.
15 comments:
Molly seems like a wonderful companion. I'm always struck by the fact that pets give more than they take.
Molly looks and sounds wonderful.
You spoil that dog.
Ha!
DCup -- However, I do not talk to Molly in a high squeaky voice.
I'll bet she's very grateful. I know the cats would really appreciate it if I would stop.
Who's a good wittle doggy-woggy?
Molly Moo, that's who!
Is Molly learning to speak cow?
Or is she just an annoying backseat driver?
Doesn't Molly look rockin' in my sunglasses? Haha. What a silly dog.
Oh, and, mom, I showed that video to my friend Marlon last night, and he was like, "wait, so all dogs of that breed moo like cows?" He didn't understand that it was a video of my actual dog. When I finally explained it to him, he was completely blown away. Haha. He and Johnny were like, "You should've stopped the car and let her out to graze."
I'm thankful when she moos. Often she is so excited about going in the car that she barks the entire way, from point a to b. It is OBNOXIOUS!
Anna, did you tell them that she does graze? She grazes and then she barfs.
Grazes and barfs every day. Allegedly, it aids the digestion.
She was talking to you in your ear.. Just wonder what exactly she was saying.. LOL... I would have ended up with goose bumps from her blowing warm air into my ears... LOL... Take care of her because she is just beautiful..
Tweetey -- better than barking in my ear, which has happened a couple of times. Ouch!
Post a Comment