Humans and kangaroos are close cousins on the evolutionary tree sharing a common ancestor 150 million years ago, according to Australian researchers.
Scientists have mapped the genetic code of the Australian marsupials for the first time and found large chunks of DNA are the same. (Read the rest.)
Cool.





7 comments:
It also explains why I occasionally feel an almost uncontrollable impulse to disembowel someone with my toenails.
So..........does this mean Captain Kangaroo is the missing link between humans and marsupials? And if so, where does Mr Green Jeans fit in? And Mr Moose?
The article said nothing about a kangaroo's eyes. It must be hard to see when you are jumping up and down.....
Silly me to have missed the Captain Kangaroo connection! Of course!! And what about Bunny Rabbit, who communicated by bashing his head on the counter? I have a Captain Kangaroo Viewmaster reel from my childhood days; I want to figure out a way to get the pictures blown up.
Aww... just when I was getting that monkey business down.
;-)
Why wasn't Captain Kangaroo ever promoted?
And what about Polly Pocket, is she a wallaby?
Suzy, as for blowing up Viewmaster pictures, I think a large firecracker or small blasting cap would do the job.
Oh, SC. You funny.
Post a Comment