According to our daily paper, Wisconsin has designated the coming week as "Winter Awareness Week" and is issuing handy dandy tips such as "re-learn how to drive in slippery conditions." Mr. Ether wonders whether that means going to an empty parking lot and doing donuts (and if a child is in the car, be sure to tell them, "Don't tell mom about this.")
I liked this part of the article:
When our daughter was born on February 3, 1996, her great grandpa -- who kept track of such things -- told us it was the coldest Feb. 3 in Wisconsin history.Just to make you shiver a little early, the Winter Awareness Week folks also point out that Wisconsin's all-time lowest temperature was -55 on Feb. 2 and 4, in 1996 near Couderay, also in Sawyer County.
I also liked this:
"Readings of -30 or colder have been recorded in every month from November through April," they say. "Of course," they add, "readings in the 50s, 60s and 70s are possible."Don't we know it! It was in the low seventies earlier in the week. Now it is snowing!
Then there is this:
And this final reminder from the Weather Service: "The only month without a tornado in Wisconsin is February. Be ready."I love Wisconsin!





2 comments:
Yes, I caught Poodledoc, Jr in the O'Keefe School parking lot just today, doing doughnuts.....he offered me one and said, "don't tell Mom".
Does Junior need an intervention?
Post a Comment