Pico Iyer, in his book The Open Road: the Global Journey of the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, says,
"No one at the beginning of 1989 expected that, by year's end, the Cold War would effectively be over, and no one imagined when Mandela emerged from prison, that apartheid would soon be driven out of his country. The Dalai Lama reposes his faith on such surprises -- the sudden result of what has been building invisibly for years -- as if to say, as he put it once, "Until the last moment, anything is possible."I couldn't help thinking about election night (was it only a month ago?) as I read that passage.





5 comments:
Until the last moment, anything is possible.
That is the best thing I've heard all day.
Thank you Suzy!
Yes, I'm still absorbing it all. Thanks for the quote!
I liked the basketball one. I had this image of him playing "H-O-R-S-E" with all those "dictators from the axis of evil" and letting them shoot first!
When he plays, does his entire team have to be Secret Service? And the big one: if someone on the opposite team fouls the President, will he be wrestled to the ground and pummeled? Does he get to have his Cabinet playing on his team? (let's hope so!) IF he fouls out of the game, does that mean Biden takes over?
I'm hanging on to that one. Thank you.
"Until the last moment, anything is possible." That's to hold on to, for sure. Thanks, Suzy.
Post a Comment